"Haters" video is for overseas. Not the USA

Talk about anything and everything, including TLC!

Moderators: Mr. Rooney, Nikki., Tigger*ANJ

Postby Jesaar Dragon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm

It is what it is. We should hope for the best for each video. Haters may be corny but it's pop radio friendly af. Unfortunately most diehards don't love pop TLC. I wish the best for both.

A lot of folks keep saying they want uptempo. TLC post first album have never been known for uptempo dance songs. Silly Ho could have changed that tho.

Re Wayback promo this week has died down a bit. Once that video premieres they need NEED to be doing TV promo
Jesaar Dragon
Whispering Playa

Postby MJo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm

This is a horrible mistake cuz I don't see any more videos being made for this album in the future.
On The Topic Of Allen
RyansMelody wrote:Bitch fuck you. Dont talk about Matt like that.
Unlike you he's not pussy. Gag, bitch.

Martin. wrote:Go fuck yourself, Allen. Piece of shit.
MJo
CyberTLC Elder

Postby Resident_Evil » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Matthew wrote:This is a horrible mistake cuz I don't see any more videos being made for this album in the future.

EXACTLY. Do they realize that Haterz is going to be the last music video for TLC ever? What a way to go. X(
Resident_Evil
Chilli's Crew
Chilli's Crew

Postby Natalie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:55 am

So I just listened to Haters again.

And honestly, I will don't like it. I can't even get myself to finish it. BUT it really reminds me of alot of the music today - Chainsmokers, Taylor Swift and all this auto tune. It's not a Grammy worthy song but it's definitely pop friendly! I can see a lot of kids and teens enjoying this song. When I hear the song, I'm almost like 'what the hell is this!', but honestly all the songs that I have that reaction to are the biggest hits these days! Beats me ...

Alot of people weren't too excited about waterfalls either. It's so different from the rest of the rythmn and smoothness of CSC but that song is their most iconic - the video had a huge part in that. So I hope there is some concept behind the Haters video. Videos can make or break a song!

Judging from the pictures I saw I can't be too sure yet though..
Natalie
Scrub

Postby Royalflyness » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:25 am

My only issue with haters is the production, lyrics and vocals are on point.

What if they're using a different version of haters?
Royalflyness
CyberTLC Groupie

Postby MirrorBoi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:51 am

Royalflyness wrote:My only issue with haters is the production, lyrics and vocals are on point.

Remixing the song is right now the best they can do, and I'll not complain.
MirrorBoi
Hat 2 Da Back

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 am

Royalflyness wrote:My only issue with haters is the production, lyrics and vocals are on point.

The arrangement of the vocals is another pain point.
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby BLESS CHILD » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 pm

I really dont believe that haterz will be the last single to be release off the album...

We might get another single which i believe will be HEY MUTHERF**ka, before the album release.
BLESS CHILD
Whispering Playa

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Three singles before the album release? Hmmm
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby Jesaar Dragon » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:25 pm

As far as Haters goes, the song hasnt been promoted yet overseas or in the states. It might not get a release until closer to the album release. I pray for at least 4 videos...even if the props are from the dollar store. You know they have better tracks then Way Back and Haters. I hope they are saving the better singles for after the album has been released.
Jesaar Dragon
Whispering Playa

Postby Jesaar Dragon » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Hmmm...Way Back was/is released (on April 18) in Australia/New Zealand as a single according to Mushroom Promotions.....http://mushroompromotions.com/bios/single-bio-tlc-way-back-feat-snoop-dogg-liberator-music-852-musiq/

SINGLE BIO: TLC – Way Back Feat. Snoop Dogg (Liberator Music/852 Musiq)
by MUSHROOM PROMOTIONS on Apr 18, 2017 • No Comments
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE | DOWNLOAD IMAGES TLC WAY BACK (FEAT. SNOOP DOGG) (single out now through Liberator Music) One of the most successful female RnB groups of all time Over 65 million albums sold worldwide Four-time Grammy Award winners Were in Australia in late-2016 for the RnB Fridays tour and headline shows Fresh off their late-2016.
Jesaar Dragon
Whispering Playa

Postby musiccritic » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 pm

@Jesaar Thanks for the info! Based on the official press release you linked to, "Way Back" is definitely the proper lead single across all markets.

It also referred to "Haterz" as TLC's November 2016 single. From what I see, "Haterz" and "Joyride" were not only in support of their overseas touring but early promo for the new album, pretty much buzz singles.

So, it is kind of confusing for them to now go back and release a video for it and make it an official (second) single from the album. Not doubting or questioning Tionne's words but I would not be surprised if "Haterz" becomes the next single here in the U.S. as well.

They are clearly getting things in order before they start the tour. "Haterz" will be ready... Once again, they are definitely on top of things and have planned them well.
musiccritic
Hat 2 Da Back

Previous

Return to The TLC Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts