WAIT A MIN!!

Talk about anything and everything, including TLC!

Moderators: Mr. Rooney, Nikki., Tigger*ANJ

Postby darealmvp » Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Yellow Diamonds wrote:One thing TLC will ALWAYS have over other girl groups, is their beauty. Let's see Tiny's snout try to take a pic like this.... please.

you were saying? ms. piggy looking like a BLT!!
http://cubanpetemusic.com

Mista Felony Elliott wrote:ain't no album. ain't no single. this whole kickstarter was just nathan's grand finale.
darealmvp
CyberTLC Elder

Postby goodvibes » Fri May 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Hands down TLC's success will rest on Tionne's shoulders and hers alone, Whenever she pulls through, looks great and knocks it out of the park, they get GREAT feedback and press for it. I think the imbalance in looks has always been their downfall since Lisa's passing,

They are definitely the best looking all round female pop group of all time, I think TLC always was big for their image which is why when they release mediocre material now, and don't have the image to back it up, people riot.
Image GIFSoup

Feelin the moment....
goodvibes
CyberTLC Groupie

Postby musiccritic » Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm

darealmvp wrote:
Yellow Diamonds wrote:One thing TLC will ALWAYS have over other girl groups, is their beauty. Let's see Tiny's snout try to take a pic like this.... please.

This picture is an example of why TLC is more successful than this group. Xscape looks good but very basic while the picture of TLC is more cutting edge and way more fashionable. TLC always stands out when compared to the other groups from 90s.
musiccritic
Hat 2 Da Back

Postby Slaylena » Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 pm

ScorpionLuvTLC wrote:YES YES & MORE YESSSSSSS!!!!!!! They both look amazing but Tionne came tf through !!!!
Slaylena
Chilli's Crew
Chilli's Crew

Postby Royalflyness » Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 pm

I love the Xscape pictures
Royalflyness
CyberTLC Groupie

Postby nice99 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:43 pm

Royalflyness wrote:
Allen. wrote:
Royalflyness wrote:Tionne has that special something that always steals the show

Tionne got the job in 2nd nature due more to her look than talent. Didnt that guy say she was prettier than she could sing?

Weight! Who said that?

Ian Burke did not directly say she was prettier than she could sing
But he did basically say she got the job for her looks and that tlc never was about singing.
LA said the same. He saw tlc and wanted to sign them without hearing them sing. He said something like hopefully they got at least some talent.
And in an interview where rico talked about sending left eye to the audition he talked about how fine she was not her talent.
Looks were very important and I think they got away with a lot of their stuff / controversies because of it.
Xscape could / can sing. Looks...
nice99
Hat 2 Da Back

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Fri May 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Lol y'all are PRESSED!
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby darealmvp » Sat May 20, 2017 6:12 am

musiccritic wrote:
darealmvp wrote:

This picture is an example of why TLC is more successful than this group. Xscape looks good but very basic while the picture of TLC is more cutting edge and way more fashionable. TLC always stands out when compared to the other groups from 90s.

tlc looks more fashionable in a photo where you literally cannot see their fashion? oh ok.
http://cubanpetemusic.com

Mista Felony Elliott wrote:ain't no album. ain't no single. this whole kickstarter was just nathan's grand finale.
darealmvp
CyberTLC Elder

Postby ZaeGa » Sat May 20, 2017 6:15 am

KYjuvenatiON. wrote:They are beautiful but I don't know about them having it over ALL girl groups but yes they are all pretty.

Alternative fact.
Queen Bitch.
ZaeGa
Super Moderator

Postby ZaeGa » Sat May 20, 2017 6:16 am

LMFAO WHY YALL ALWAYS DO TINY LIKE THIS? I don't think she's ugly either. The plastic surgery is quite the mess in a lot of pics, but I've always thought she can look pretty. She was fly back in 90s imo... not gorgeous as Stevie quoted me as saying, but she was fly.
Queen Bitch.
ZaeGa
Super Moderator

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Sat May 20, 2017 9:56 am

ZaeGa wrote:
KYjuvenatiON. wrote:They are beautiful but I don't know about them having it over ALL girl groups but yes they are all pretty.

Alternative fact.

Eh, say what you will...I don't agree.
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby Skeet » Sat May 20, 2017 10:22 am

Why do y'all keep the Xscape TLC comparison going? This wasn't even a thing back in the day when both were out. Some of you are so miserable. Tony is snatched in that photo and you can't call ANYTHING cheap after the album cover and single cover for Way Back. Foh

The only thing cheap about the Photoshoot is your cheap ass opinions of it
Skeet
Administrator

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Sat May 20, 2017 11:04 am

Oop...
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby TLC Spice » Sat May 20, 2017 1:43 pm

Most girl groups suffer from the "cheerleader effect", where a group of women initially seem attractive, but when are examined individually they aren't that attractive. That was never the case with TLC, where each stood out for their individual beauty.
http://i.imgur.com/Dz119OQ.png
TLC Spice
CyberTLC Groupie

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Sat May 20, 2017 2:27 pm

You guys DO understand that attractiveness varies by a persons taste right? There is no one size fits all. They were beautiful yes but I don't think they were the MOST beautiful female group of all time.
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

PreviousNext

Return to The TLC Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts