TLC vs Essence

Talk about anything and everything, including TLC!

Moderators: Mr. Rooney, Nikki., Tigger*ANJ

Postby Scooby is Mark » Thu May 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Not saying this because I'm a fan, but I think it's HORRIBLE that the biggest selling female group in the US has NEVER performed at Essence Music Festival...Like I don't even think they've been asked.

In 2011 I remember starting a FB campaign/ petition to get them there that year. Chilli was even tweeting about the campaign, but still nothing.

It's also pretty sad they've never been on the cover of the magazine?

What's up with the hate?

Smh
Scooby is Mark

Postby Skeet » Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 pm

They'd never go there. That crowd and trying to lip sync? Nah. Absolutely not.
Skeet
Administrator

Postby Last Bitch On Earth » Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Skeet wrote:They'd never go there. That crowd and trying to lip sync? Nah. Absolutely not.

Janet and Beyonce' have performed there....
Last Bitch On Earth

Postby Skeet » Thu May 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Neither lip entire performances. From the clips I saw of Janet there, she wasn't flat out lipping. And Beyonce did not. TLC has always been bad at irm
Skeet
Administrator

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 pm

School the kids, Skeet...school the kids!
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby Uliketonib » Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Maybe they can still get a cover
Uliketonib
Whispering Playa

Postby Mr. Rooney » Fri May 19, 2017 2:28 am

Scooby is Mark wrote:Not saying this because I'm a fan, but I think it's HORRIBLE that the biggest selling female group in the US has NEVER performed at Essence Music Festival...Like I don't even think they've been asked.

In 2011 I remember starting a FB campaign/ petition to get them there that year. Chilli was even tweeting about the campaign, but still nothing.

What's up with the hate?

Smh

TLC were scheduled to Perform at Essence back in 96. Tionne was either sick or it was when all the drama was going on with them not making money after coming off the their biggest selling album (I can't recall). Tionne tweeted once that WE (the fans need to tell Essence to request them). That being said, I think it's more up to TLC's business practices (or oftentimes lack their of) because Essence is a platform that they SHOULD be featured on.
Mr. Rooney

Postby AmaruDynasty » Fri May 19, 2017 6:08 am

Mr. Rooney wrote:
Scooby is Mark wrote:Not saying this because I'm a fan, but I think it's HORRIBLE that the biggest selling female group in the US has NEVER performed at Essence Music Festival...Like I don't even think they've been asked.

What's up with the hate?

Smh

TLC were scheduled to Perform at Essence back in 96. Tionne was either sick or it was when all the drama was going on with them not making money after coming off the their biggest selling album (I can't recall). Tionne tweeted once that WE (the fans need to tell Essence to request them). That being said, I think it's more up to TLC's business practices (or oftentimes lack their of) because Essence is a platform that they SHOULD be featured on.

You're exactly right. If Xscape can get a spot for reuniting w/o the promise of new music, than TLC should be trying to get a spot as well to help promote the album.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete
AmaruDynasty
Whispering Playa

Postby Scooby is Mark » Fri May 19, 2017 10:46 am

Mr. Rooney wrote:

What's up with the hate?

Smh

Wow I never knew this!! Hmmm
Scooby is Mark

Postby Mr. Rooney » Fri May 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Scooby is Mark wrote:
Mr. Rooney wrote:

What's up with the hate?

Smh

Wow I never knew this!! Hmmm

And I will be looking for you in the Superlounge at Essence while jamming to Xscape.
Mr. Rooney

Postby Skeet » Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 pm

In 96' they were singing live.
Skeet
Administrator

Return to The TLC Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts