Tlc and xscape should tour together

Talk about anything and everything, including TLC!

Moderators: Mr. Rooney, Nikki., Tigger*ANJ

Postby Allen. » Fri May 19, 2017 5:19 pm

KYjuvenatiON. wrote:They HAD bigger success in the 90's, but they're ALL in the same boat NOW. No shade....True Tea...

Its true. But id venture even further to say that Khandi and Tiny are far more popular than Tionne and Chilli in the current market. Which is wuat promoters are looking at. Thats why i said they could very well ask for MORE money than TLC.

The housewives is a major franchise. They paying some of them people millions to be on that show. Tinys show must have decent ratings as well..and her connection to TI only makes her more popular.

Tionne and Chilli dont do anything except reiterate that they are the biggest selling group.

These ladies at least sound and look some what the same. The look and image of TLC is completley different. Chilli cannot hold it together by herself ESPECIALLY when shes not the lead singer
Allen.
Global Moderator

Postby KYjuvenatiON. » Fri May 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Exactly...
KYjuvenatiON.
Boz-Bizz
Boz-Bizz

Postby Uliketonib » Fri May 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Why can't they co headline like Maxwell and Mary?
Uliketonib
Whispering Playa

Postby musiccritic » Fri May 19, 2017 9:25 pm

Allen, did you read my post? Reality show popularity does not mean Xscape will be selling out venues. Their songs do not get much playback now and they are hardly ever mentioned in pop culture.

However, TLC actually has a top 15 billboard hit right now and the video release will definitely break the internet.

By the way Keith, Mary J. Blige is about to begin a small venue tour to support her new album and none of the dates are sold out. Quit talking as if she is selling out arenas as an headlining act....
musiccritic
Hat 2 Da Back

Postby ZaeGa » Sat May 20, 2017 6:05 am

KYjuvenatiON. wrote:They HAD bigger success in the 90's, but they're ALL in the same boat NOW. No shade....True Tea...

I don't think so. I love Xscape and am actually planning on seeing them on tour if/when it comes to that, but Xscape were pretty one-off/local to R&B.

It's a stupid / strange comparison... because Xscape were at a disadvantage because they never got a chance to cross over, but TLC's resources as a name and act run a lot deeper.

That being said, them touring together would be nice. They do two separate works, but people in this forum who haven't even seen TLC live are none the wiser. I've seen them as a duo three times and I've never walked away disappointed, even if I WOULD appreciate some changes to their show. But what I do know is that their audiences intersect and they'd both make old school/90s r&b fans happy.

I'm down!
Queen Bitch.
ZaeGa
Super Moderator

Postby Brian-Ryan » Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 am

I want a solo tour and an upcoming act to perform like FanMail.
Brian-Ryan
Scrub

Postby uno. » Sat May 20, 2017 3:22 pm

musiccritic wrote:Allen, did you read my post? Reality show popularity does not mean Xscape will be selling out venues. Their songs do not get much playback now and they are hardly ever mentioned in pop culture.

However, TLC actually has a top 15 billboard hit right now and the video release will definitely break the internet.

By the way Keith, Mary J. Blige is about to begin a small venue tour to support her new album and none of the dates are sold out. Quit talking as if she is selling out arenas as an headlining act....

...and Mary's tickets for her upcoming tour just went on sale YESTERDAY. WTF? Additionally, she tours year round, and clearly is capable of booking larger venues than TLC as she is more famous and more relevant. She has nothing to do with this anyway. I don't know why you girls get so pressed and think that by bringing in someone's "fave" that somehow invalidates the facts that they are presenting.
"Thick Of It," the latest #1 single from Mary J. Blige's upcoming album Strength of a Woman is out NOW.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thick ... 1161850171
uno.
Administrator

Postby uno. » Sat May 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Allen. wrote:

Its true. But id venture even further to say that Khandi and Tiny are far more popular than Tionne and Chilli in the current market. Which is wuat promoters are looking at. Thats why i said they could very well ask for MORE money than TLC.

The housewives is a major franchise. They paying some of them people millions to be on that show. Tinys show must have decent ratings as well..and her connection to TI only makes her more popular.

Tionne and Chilli dont do anything except reiterate that they are the biggest selling group.

These ladies at least sound and look some what the same. The look and image of TLC is completley different. Chilli cannot hold it together by herself ESPECIALLY when shes not the lead singer

FACTS ON FACTS.
"Thick Of It," the latest #1 single from Mary J. Blige's upcoming album Strength of a Woman is out NOW.

uno.
Administrator

Postby Skeet » Sat May 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Allen that's the most rightest thing you ever said
Skeet
Administrator

Postby Bein' Green(e). » Sun May 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Allen. wrote:

DOOM. :( :(

They should do TLC VS SWV VS Xscape. And make it fun battle tour. Mix the setlist up, sing some of each other's songs... (Kandi would obviously DIE at the chance to sing No Scrubs live). But of course they'd never happen. lol
Bein' Green(e).
Chilli's Crew
Chilli's Crew

Postby uno. » Sun May 21, 2017 8:42 pm

That really would be a dope idea; all the major 90s girls together on tour. I'd pay good money to see that. En Vogue, TLC, SWV, and Xscape.

uno.
Administrator

Postby darealmvp » Sun May 21, 2017 11:30 pm

not interested in en vogue neing en-volved-- at all-- without max and dawn.
http://cubanpetemusic.com

Mista Felony Elliott wrote:ain't no album. ain't no single. this whole kickstarter was just nathan's grand finale.
darealmvp
CyberTLC Elder

Postby Royalflyness » Mon May 22, 2017 4:31 am

Tionne should've performed at the Billboard awards
Royalflyness
CyberTLC Groupie

Postby MirrorBoi » Mon May 22, 2017 8:03 am

uno. wrote:That really would be a dope idea; all the major 90s girls together on tour. I'd pay good money to see that. En Vogue, TLC, SWV, and Xscape.

I'm still wondering why they haven't done one yet. That would be an awesome tour
MirrorBoi
Hat 2 Da Back

Postby Allen. » Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 pm

MirrorBoi wrote:
uno. wrote:That really would be a dope idea; all the major 90s girls together on tour. I'd pay good money to see that. En Vogue, TLC, SWV, and Xscape.

I'm still wondering why they haven't done one yet. That would be an awesome tour

Prolly money. They all may be asking for an amount that would not work.
Allen.
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The TLC Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts