Left Eye’s Bedrock Stew
Serves 4-7 people
1 yellow onion
6 red potatoes
1 bunch of broccoli
1 portobello mushrooms
1 lb. of green beans
1 tbs. sea salt
2 tbs. cumin
6 tbs. Old Bay seasoning
a dash of cayenne pepper
1 large pot
1. Throw on your favorite tune.
2. Fill pot halfway up with water and place heat setting on high to bring water to a boil.
3. Rinse all veggies.
4. Cut red potatoes into halves and add to water.
5. Peel brown skin off of onion and cut the onion in half leaving stems at both ends. Place onion halves to the side.
6. Snap ends off of green beans, leaving the rest of the bean whole. Place green beans to the side.
7. Cut mushrooms into sections of four. Place mushrooms to the side.
8. Cut broccoli into large sections. Place broccoli to the side.
9. Drain potatoes and leave them in the pot. Fill pot halfway back up with water. (Potatoes should not be done yet. This boiling process is to remove the starch!)
10. Place pot back on stove and turn heat up to a med-high setting.
11. Add onion halves to water.
12. Add 1 tablespoon of sea salt, 2 tablespoons of cumin, 6 tablespoons of Old Bay seasoning, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
13. Use the next 20 minutes to clean up and relax. Always keeping an Eye on your food.
14. Add the mushrooms and Broccoli and let cook for an additional 7 minutes.